Lionhearted

    During this entire ordeal, it's shown me how lucky I am to be led to such an amazing companion.  While pondering what I could say about this remarkable man on a day where we are waiting for things to improve, I kept coming back to the term "lion-hearted".   Not sure what that actually means,I did some researching and found a few descriptions and realized that it was exactly what I wanted.  

Strong 
        He has suffered so much pain and is so strong.  He is so brave and has immense power in him to deal with the external forces against him.     
     His body is covered with scars and his soul has taken a beating.  With all of the pain and anguish he's been through, he would do anything to spare the same pain for other's that he loves.   He's had far more than his fair share of challenges.   
      While here in the hospital, if a stressful situation ever pushes him to his limit, he's quick to apologize to the nurses for being grumpy.   He's also quick to say thank-you whenever they help him.  
     A  lion is able to take it down a foe using sheer strength and fearlessness.    Chris does his best to tackle his challenges the same way.  


Protective & caring 
     Lions are extremely protective.   However, they only get engaged when the prey is too strong or big.  
     Even in the darkest moments, his greatest concern has always been for me.   He frequently tell's me how sorry he is for all of the difficulties we've been through.  He is so tender and loving and does all he can to put a smile on my face.  Some of the most unforgettable moments have been when we've been able to stand together for a hug and just enjoy a simple moment of being close.  

      With the exception of potassium, which finally came in with a lower number, his other levels are all still going the wrong direction.   However, today he is physically stronger than he has been in quite some time and we hope and pray with the fiercest of desires that tomorrows results will begin their descent.    Emma from PT came today and was really surprised when Chris said he would be willing to try walking.     For the first time since we got here on the 5th, he left the confines of his hospital room.  He may have not gone far, but feel its a sign that he's turning a corner.  Avoiding dialysis would be our biggest hope and dream.  My sister in law was prompted to share a song today, and it had several lines that perfectly fit some of my feelings today.  (Que Mormon Tabernacle Choir Version)

To dream the impossible dream

To fight the unbeatable foe

To bear with unbearable sorrow

To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar

To try when your arms are too weary

To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or cause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause
And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To fight the unbeatable foe, to reach the unreachable star
   

1 comment:

  1. I would say the same goes for you as well Michelle. You are strong, protective and caring and I’m sure much of Chris’ strength comes from having you always by his side supporting him and cheering him on with each hurdle and step of progress. You two are such lights in this world, I miss seeing you both. We continue to pray for your family and are hoping for the best outcome possible. I hope all of the medical Mysteries you have been challenged with can soon be solved. Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete