A Weekend of Rest

     Compared to all of the rest, today was a marvelous day of rest.  Tomorrow hopefully will also be the same.   Chris and I both enjoyed the quiet of our new room.   So many less monitors beeping throughout the night.   As well, this room has a very comfortable chair for him and the best one I've slept in yet.   Chris said he feels he got a full 7 hours, which for anyone who has ever stayed in a hospital is an amazing amount of sleep.  Instead of sleeping in the hospital bed, we were able to be close enough to hold hands for most of the night.   Even though I've spent most of my days and nights up at the hospital, being able to be so close was healing for both of our souls.



     As far as doctor's and therapy today, it was a pretty uneventful day.   Had a nice visit from Chris's parents.   His dad came down from Montana to pick up his mom and take her home tomorrow.  It was a very nice visit.  His mother and I share the same birthday and it's not very often that we are together, so getting to see each other was great.

      Also had a surprise visit from my sweet co-workers Nikki and Lisa.   They brought us yummy frosted lemonades and cookies.  I'm so used to seeing them almost every day, and they have been a huge support these past four years (while also going through their own trials) that it was wonderful to have them visit.  They, and my other employee's have been really working hard in my absence and I appreciate them so much.   I didn't think to have Chris snap a picture, but I did take one of their yummy treat.


     With today being my birthday, Chris was worried about ruining my day but it turned out pretty fantastic.  My aunt Gail and Roxann picked me up and we went for a delicious breakfast at Mimi's cafe.   My parents, Adam and Adrienne joined us.   A nice hot breakfast was delicious!  Breakfast is my most favorite meal of the day, I could eat it for every meal.  In addition to cinnamon roll french toast and delicious bacon, I even had a piece of cake for breakfast, I'm pretty sure that's a birthday first, but I shared with anyone that wanted a bite so it doesn't count right?    :)

      Then Adrienne, Gail, Roxann and I went and got a pedicure.  The leg massage felt amazing, but the massage chair, oh that hit the spot.   All of the sore places in my body were pampered and I came back feeling like a whole new person with pretty toes.   Gail said she has a hard time relaxing, but I think she liked the chair too!






     

      The sweet nail tech also added the pretty nail art as a birthday gift. Getting a pedicure isn't something I do very often, but today I've decided that it's something I want to do much more often.  With my birthday right before the start of summer, I hope to remember to do this next year!

     Finally, the greatest gift that I ever could have hoped for is my dear sweet husband to be feeling better.   He's so much better than a week ago, and I'm hoping for even better times ahead.   Even though he's been trapped with very few resources, he made the best of the situation.   He ordered a piece of cake (for me) and cheesecake (for him) that we had after dinner.   Then the most tender moment was when he asked me to stand, and then danced in place in a tender embrace and then in the very faintest whisper told me "Happy Birthday, I Love You!"  You have been through so much this week, but always made sure to ask if I was doing OK.














No comments:

Post a Comment